Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Keeping the Connections Going

You're right, Greg. I always wondered why Murray or my mom (Orit/Henriette) never told me I had so many cousins, and it took Maurice in France showing me your letter to connect with you and the cousins in Israel. We definitely can't keep that pattern going... it's not a good one. Dahlia and I loved meeting Julia and her family, and the cousins when we were in Israel (what a wedding!!!) We're in Cincinnati, OH for another 3 years. Maybe we need to organize an east coast family reunion... L'Shana tova to all Rozineses out there...

1 comment:

William Gilcher said...

For the last several years, I have been doing research for a film about the great Jewish-Polish painter and poet Izrael Lezjerowicz, born in Lodz in 1902. He perished in August 1944, at the time of the dissolution of the Lodz ghetto. Many of his paintings were preserved by the Jewish Historical Institute in Warsaw. There are also a number of his works at Yad Vashem and at the Ghetto Fighters' House in Israel.

Many of his paintings were saved because they were donated to the Jewish Historical Institute by his sister, Sophie Rozynès, née Lejzerowicz. Sophie, who died in Lyon on 29 April 1981, was married to Tobias Rozynès, born in Lodz 29 July 1904. He died in Lyon on 17 June 1984. They are both buried in the Jewish cemetery on Rue Abraham-Bloch in Lyon.

Do you have further information about Sophie or Tobias? Do you think this Tobias is the same person whom Gal writes about as Tomek? I have tried to email Gal, but the earthlink email is not valid.

In the blog you mention Greg Rozines in the greater DC area. I would like to contact him as well, since you mention that he has developed quite a family tree.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Best regards to you and your family,

William Gilcher
Izrael Lezjerowicz Project
www.Lejzerowicz.org

8916 Walden Road
Silver Spring, MD 20901-3823
william.gilcher@verizon.net